Forming part of Alpinestars SMX-1 range of class-leading, low-cut performance riding boots, the SM-1 R incorporates a host of technical innovations for
improved levels of comfort, fit and durability. Constructed from a lightweight and abrasion-resistant microfiber upper and is reinforced with
strategically positioned TPU protectors the SMX-1 R features an evolutionary new rubber compound sole with superior grip patterning for excellent grip
both on and off the bike, while the accordion flex zones give support and control regardless of your riding position.
- Main upper constructed from an advanced microfiber for comfort, durability and excellent of abrasion resistance.
- Innovative heel counter support system, which works in conjunction with strap closure to offer improved fit and
support as well as structural integrity.
- Rear of heel counter has been redesigned with soft TPR insert which works seamlessly with rear flex zone to allow
for improved freedom of ankle movement and comfort on the bike’s controls, plus durable TPR shift pad.
- Ergonomic new boot shaping for forefoot streamlining which offers wide-ranging foot profile fit and comfort.
- Newly designed TPR medial and lateral side protection offers excellent abrasion resistance and durability.
- Evolved closure strap which is anatomically angled to follow natural shape of rider’s instep.
- Alpinestars exclusive compound rubber sole with newly designed grip patterning to promote improved feel and grip,
water dispersion and durability.
- Instep and Achilles’ accordion flex zones are constructed from lightweight microfiber for optimized levels of
durability, comfort and maneuverability on and off the bike.
- Front Velcro® closure system offers a quick and secure fit over the instep area while permitting excellent levels of
flex. Strap features TPR puller for ease of use.
- Medial zip closure ensures convenient in and out; zip is covered with a Velcro® and microfiber flap to protect bike
- Double density ankle protector on medial side layered under the upper offers protective performance and abrasion
resistance in key area.
- Integrated, replaceable bi-injected TPU forefoot slider features new easy-screw fixing concept for quicker and easier
- External, high modulus TPU heel counter, lateral ankle and shift pad for improved shock protection and durability.
- Internal toe box protection is layered under the upper for durability, improved feel and performance.
- Removable anatomic foot-bed includes EVA foam and Lycra® for comfort and support.
- Internal mesh lining for cooling comfort and moisture-wicking.
- SMX-1 R is CE certified to Cat 2 CE Certified to 89/686/ECC EU Directive.