The AX-8 Dual EVO is an extremely versatile helmet, destined for on and off-road use. The design and the line inevitable reflect the AX-8 EVO from which it derives, but thanks to additional technical characteristics, such as the visor and the specific visor mechanism, the opening air vent in the chin guard and an extra vent that can be opened on the top, guarantee all the performance and comfort of a road helmet.
The helmet is available in the following configurations:
1. SUPERMOTARD/TRAIL version with visor and peak
2. MOTOCROSS/ENDURO version without visor,
to be worn with Cross goggles
3. STREET FIGHTER/NAKED version with visor and without peak
The possibility to swap the chin guard air vent between the AX-8 Evo and AX-8 Dual Evo further increases the possibilities of contamination between the 2 models.
SHELL - The AX-8 Dual EVO is available with three outer shell measurements in sizes XXS to XXXL. The shell has SSL layers made of Carbon fibre, Kevlar and fibreglass to keep the weight of the helmet down and guarantee maximum safety.
VENTILATION - The built-in IVS is made up of channels made directly in the shell, guaranteeing a more effective airflow inside the helmet and better aerodynamic performance. The air vents on the front, top and chin guard allow a constant flow of fresh air inside the helmet. The rear extractors eliminate the hot, humid air from inside the helmet through the EPS channels.
VISOR The new, DUAL flat visor in scratchproof, anti-fogging polycarbonate, recessed into the lower part of the shell and with a reinforced perimeter, is equipped with a specific visor mechanism with the possibility to customise the visor opening.
INTERNAL PADDING - The internal padding, with sanitising treatment and made of breathable Dri-Lex®, is completely removable and washable, including the covering of the strap, so that the helmet is always perfectly hygienic. The new internal padding is also extra thick for improved comfort. For the visor area, the fabric has been replaced with soft plastic covers which, in the event of off-road use, are easily washable with the aid of a brush or a sponge. Nose and chin guards are easily removable.
FUNCTIONALITY/SAFETY - The new shape of the shell in the chin area, together with a broader and softer bottom edge than before, diminishes interference with any collar used and reduces the risk of injury from impact thanks to the “shock-absorber” function. The chin air vent, which is easily removed without the use of tools, can be swapped with that of the AX-8 Dual and the AX-8 EVO and has an open/closed position to regulate the flow of air inside the helmet. The peak of the AX-8 Dual EVO has been designed to limit the sail effect during use to the minimum and is equipped with new aluminium screws for greater strength. The retention system has DD double ring closure. The weight of the helmet is 1,300 g (+/- 50 g) in size M.
• Outer shell in 3 sizes with SSL layers (Fibreglass, Kevlar, Carbon Fibre)
• Bottom edge of the chin guard area with shock-absorber function
• IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with broad channels created directly in the shell for more effective airflow inside the helmet and better aerodynamic performance
• 3 front air vents, 1 upper air vent and 2 rear extractors
• Chin air vent with open/closed position, easy to remove and replace without tools and interchangeable with that of the AX-8/AX-8 EVO and AX-8 DUAL
• New DUAL visor in scratchproof, anti-fogging polycarbonate
• Visor mechanism with possibility to customise opening
• Fully removable and washable internal padding (including strap flap)
• Fabrics with sanitising treatment in Dri-Lex®. The fixed part of the cheek pads is covered in soft, easy to wash plastic material
• Retention system with double D strap