DIFFERENCES/IMPROVEMENTS COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS PRODUCT (STEALTH SV):
• New internal padding with 3-D construction and improved comfort
• Internal padding with reviewed shape to offer better insulation from external noise
• New skin-friendly fabrics that improve fit and reducefriction when pulling the helmet on or off
• New, bigger chin guard for better insulation against draughts and noise from below
• New visor edge for better grip and insulation against draughts and noise
• Removal of holes and lateral grids to reduce turbulence and improve aerodynamics
The HORIZON is a helmet destined mainly for GT use, which envisages long and frequent periods of use, at sustained speeds, in variable climatic and light conditions. However, to this mainly GT and functional spirit, the HORIZON matches a Racing and emotional nature created by the spoiler (which accentuates the aggressive touch and improves ventilation and aerodynamics), the DD strap and lightness. These characteristics make the HORIZON suitable for competitive use too.
The design of the HORIZON largely reflects that of the STEALTH SV, which it replaces in the range. Inspired by the lines that have characterised the innovations by AGV for several years now, it features a narrow, streamlined chin guard, the channels in the shell (derived from the IVS used in the RACE helmets), evident lines and edges on the sides. The spoiler adds an aggressive and dynamic touch to the design and improves the ventilation, aerodynamics and stability of the helmet. The removal of the holes and lateral grids not only gives the helmet a more compact look, but has made it possible to reduce turbulence and improve the aerodynamics.
The outer shell of the HORIZON is made of Carbonglass (fibreglass and carbon fibre), which is a very stiff and strong structure, while being very light.
The built-in IVS is made up of channels made directly in the shell, guaranteeing a more effective airflow inside the helmet and better aerodynamic performance. The air vents on the front and chin guard guarantee a constant flow of fresh air inside the helmet. On the HORIZON the ventilation also exploits the spoiler and rear extractor.
The new GT 2 visor, developed especially for this model, is curved, equipped as standard with scratchproof and antifogging treatments and offers 100% protection against UV rays. It is certified in optic class 1, guaranteeing the complete absence of visual distortions. The new visor edge used for this model allows better grip and insulation against draughts and noise. The HORIZON is also equipped with an internal scratchproof and anti-fogging smoked sun visor which can be easily activated from outside and removed without the use of tools for cleaning and replacement.
The internal padding has been considerably improved compared to the Stealth SV, to guarantee better comfort and reduced noise. The new cheek pads have 3-D constructions for improved comfort and a shape designed specifically to offer more effective insulation against external noise. This has eliminated the need for the use of the noise reduction kit previous supplied as standard. The new Dri-Lex® fabrics used for cap and cheek pads improve comfort and fit and reduce friction when pulling the helmet on or off. The new, bigger chin guard guarantees better insulation against draughts and noise from below. The internal padding is fully removable and washable, as are the nose and chin guards.
The new movement base has the XQRS system, which allows quick replacement of the visor, allows the customisation of the opening and closing of the visor thanks to serrated mechanisms that are easily replaceable and interchangeable.
Three mechanisms are available and have different numbers and thicknesses of teeth depending on the type of use (Red=Touring; Blue= Race; Green=City). The HORIZON is fitted to receive AGVoice, the AGV Bluetooth communication system that allows the rider to communicate via helmet with the passenger (wearing a helmet with the same communication system), and with his mobile phone and other Bluetooth peripherals (e.g. sat nav). The retention system has a DD double ring closure.
• Outer shell in 2 sizes in Carbonglass fibre (fiberglass and Carbon fibre)
• Ventilation system with 3 front air vents, spoiler and rear extractors
• New visor mechanism with XQRS (X-tra Quick Release System) for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in just a few seconds. The visor opening system can be customized by changing the serrated mechanism (3 different models available). Visor mechanism covered by double patent
• New GT 2 visor in optical class 1, made of scratchproof and anti-fogging polycarbonate with 100% protection from UV rays
• Tool-free removable and replaceable built-in scratchproof and anti-fogging ISV sun visor
• Removable nose guard
• Removable windproof throat shield
• Fully removable and washable internal padding
• Sanitised fabrics with different characteristics for improved comfort: Dri-Lex® and microfiber for high absorption of humidity in the forehead, temple, neck and cheek areas; breathable Dri-Lex® for effective air circulation above the head
• Retention system with double-D strap
• Fitted for use with the AGVoice Bluetooth communication system
• Sizes: XXS-XXL
NB: the internal padding (cap, cheek pads, neck guard and chin guard) of the HORIZON can also be used with the Stealth SV to improve comfort and reduce noise. The use of the new HORIZON internal padding with the Stealth SV makes it necessary to remove the neck guard and replace the cap and cheek pads. We recommend the replacement of the chin guard, but this is optional